Drobo is a series of multi-disk devices, which can be either DAS or NAS.
In Drobo units, the BeyondRAID™ technology, which is significantly different from any standard RAID level, is used.
Due to the specifics and overall complexity of the technology,
Drobo data recovery requires non-standard approaches.
ReclaiMe Pro can reconstruct lost or damaged Drobo configurations from the disks coming from various
Drobo devices like Drobo 5N, Drobo 5D, and Drobo FS.
There are two modes of Drobo recovery in ReclaiMe Pro:
- Data recovery from a slightly damaged Drobo device. ReclaiMe Pro reconstucts the Drobo volume at start
and all you need is to scan the volume for the files and folders.
- Data recovery from a severely damaged Drobo device.
ReclaiMe Pro displays Drobo disks separately rather than conbines them into a Drobo volume.
In this case, you need to select all the available Drobo disks and click Find Drobos button.
Drobo data recovery tutorial
- Pull the disks out of the Drobo and connect them all to a PC running Windows.
If possible, use SATA ports on the motherboard, although USB is acceptable as well.
Download and launch ReclaiMe Pro software.
- When starting, set ReclaiMe Pro up to look for the Drobo metadata on the disks.
However, only healthy or slightly damaged metadata sets can be recovered this way.
- If you see the Drobo volume(s) under the Drobo disk packs section, launch the scan on the volume.
- If you see only the Drobo disks rather than the Drobo volume,
you can try to use the Find Drobos mode designed to reconstruct badly damaged Drobo configurations.
The Find Drobos button becomes active when at least two disks are selected.
Clicking the button launches the extended search for Drobo metadata.
Drobo recovery price
ReclaiMe Pro software is designed for data recovery experts and it comes with many settings and complex data recovery algorithms
affecting the price of the license. If you are just a Drobo owner and only need Drobo recovery capability of ReclaiMe Pro,
please contact us for the 50% discount.
All the steps on video